Background

Resurrection Sunday

It's Resurrection Sunday, one of my favorite days of the year. It's more to me than just the new dresses, chocolate bunnies and Peeps ... which anyone who knows me knows I love this too! It is a day when we all are reminded that we serve a risen Lord. How can we not be excited about that???

Although we usually attend the later service we still had to be there early since I was teaching the four year old class. We had a good time playing with the younger kids and I really enjoyed sharing the resurrection story with them. Then it was our turn to head into the service. It was awesome! I feel so very fortunate to be a part of such a spirit-filled body of believers. I almost didn't want the service to end. Abigail and Caleb came to the service with me and they really enjoyed it too. Roy leaves for church about the time the rest of us are just getting up so there is no way to get a picture before church and no one was there to take the picture of the five of us after church. Here are the pictures we were able to get: After lunch we gave the kids their Easter baskets. They were so very excited with all of the goodies they got this year. It gets harder to find little "basket stuffers" that won't end up in tomorrow's trash. We have pretty much decided that we will just get them a couple of small gifts instead so it will be things they will enjoy playing with for a while. They each got a game, a toy and a movie along with their chocolate bunny, Peeps, and coconut egg. They immediately went upstairs to watch movies and play. It was perfect!

No comments: