Background

Weekend in Pensacola

The morning after Christmas I got up before the crack of dawn and headed to the airport for a weekend in Pensacola with Mom. We were officially going down for Natalie Hammond's wedding but we decided to make it a mother-daughter weekend. On Friday, after a bit of shopping and lunch at Olive Garden, we headed to the beach. I love the beach! It was so relaxing and it was just beautiful. Beaches and mountains always serve me to remind me what an awesome Creator was responsible for forming the earth. When we got back to the hotel we ordered pizza and went to bed early. Saturday, after sleeping in until 8, we had breakfast with the family members that were staying in our hotel. Then it was out for some more shopping before getting ready for the wedding. We only got lost a few times which is pretty good considering we didn't have a map or gps with us! The wedding was at the Pensacola Country Club. The main hall was gorgeous and the ceremony was outside looking out over the water. Natalie was beautiful and looked so very happy.
(above) Natalie dancing with her dad, Uncle Mark.
(below) Natalie with her mom, Aunt Trudie.
We had a great time at the wedding and reception. We finally left around 10-ish and the party was still going full swing! I needed my rest! Sunday morning we got up around 8 and headed back out shopping. We had a great time but the flight time was looming on us. Mom dropped me off at the hotel and I headed back home. I was glad I got to go but oh so ready to get home to my family!

No comments: