Background

Mother's Day

I am truly blessed with three beautiful children who bring such color into my world. One of my favorite things about having little ones is the homemade gifts they bring me. Between school and church the kids had several opportunities to make things for me and they were so proud of their work!
This is the rose I got at church Sunday morning. Caleb was so glad I got "real" flower! These are the gifts from Abigail. She made a paper bouquet of flowers that had sentences about me written on each one. She also made me a tub of bath salts that were very "aromatic". The silk flower she got was for my hair. Luckily it didn't match my dress on Sunday so I didn't have to fight that battle.
These are the gifts from Caleb. Let's see ... first of all he decorated a paper sack to use as a gift bag. Next he gave me a small bag of Hershey's kisses. There's a "teacup" with a tea bag and poem in it. He also made a pen with a carnation attached to one end. An "abstract" cut-out of a train. And finally, an illustrated booklet with different sentences about me.
After church we headed home and grilled lunch with some of our neighbors. The kids all played together and the grown-ups enjoyed some much needed socializing! I couldn't believe that we had services that night but we played hooky and stayed home and had some family time. It was a very relaxing day!

No comments: