Background

September 2009 - Trip to NYC and Laura's Wedding

Labor Day weekend found us heading to NYC for some much needed couple time. The summer and early fall had been extremely stressful for us and we really needed some time away. The kids were staying with Grandmomma and Granddaddy so we knew they would be well-cared for.
Roy's best friend from high school, Laura Davis, was getting married in Red Bank, NJ on Saturday. We boarded a plan at the craxk of dawn Friday morning and arrived in Red Bank just in time for the rehearsal lunch. We had a great time catching up with old friends and making new friends. After lunch we headed back to the hotel to check-in and relax. We had floor to ceiling windows that overlooked the bay, it was gorgeous! The wedding party and friends met down in the bar/cafe area for some wild and crazy fun. It was so good to just relax and laugh without a care in the world. Saturday morning we had closed the curtains and slept in until 10, which is unheard of for me, before Roy walked to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast and coffee. We lazed around until time to get ready for the wedding. The ceremony was the perfect blend of the religions and personalities. I am so glad we were able to be there with them. After the ceremony the real party started. There was a live band and food that was out of this world. Laura sang "At Last" to Brandon and proved to anyone who may have doubted that she still has it!The morning after the wedding we headed to the city. Laura and Brandon were gracious enough to let us use their apartment in Astoria while they were on their honeymoon. It was the perfect place to stay, close to the city but away from the noise, and the price was right! We shopped, walked around enjoying the sights, went to a street fair in Astoria, had dinner at Mont Blanc (my favorite fondue restaurant in NYC) and just enjoyed being alone together. We went to see a new Broadway musical, "Next to Normal". It was awesome and Roy stayed afterwards to have his program autographed by the cast.When I saw this I just had to have my picture taken with it, what could be better than chocolate and Elvis? There were pictures of so many other sights that I can't include them all. I guess you will have to come visit and look at my scrapbook to see the rest. (Wait a little while because I am also behind in my scrapbooking!). We had a fabulous time and were slightly sad to head home. I was anxious to see the kids and they were so glad to see us too. It was a nice vacation and I can't wait until our next trip.

No comments: