Background

Abigail's Thanksgiving Dinner

Abigail's class had it's Thanksgiving Dinner on Friday and I was able to get off from work to come eat with her. Many of the children had parents or grandparents there to enjoy the turkey and dressing with them. It was nice to have a chance to talk to some of her friends and their parents. I was glad I got to spend the time with Abigail even thought being away from work for so long made the day hectic. Abigail was thrilled to have me there so that made it all worth it!

We had one little boy who sat with us that didn't have any guests with him. He shared some stories of his home life that I feel certain his parents wouldn't have wanted shared! You never know what your children will share when you aren't around. It was a true wake-up call for me. I need to watch what I say and do even in the privacy of my own home because there are eyes watching!

No comments: