Background

Kittens

A year ago, the day after Thanksgiving, two pitiful looking kittens showed up in our backyard while the kids were playing outside. I made the mistake of feeling sorry for them and feeding them. That was the day we "adopted" two kittens. I am not much of a cat person plus I am allergic to them so it was not my intention to have two cats. I put up signs and called the animal shelter but no one claimed them. Of course, the kids were overjoyed with our new pets: Brownie and Stormy. About eight months later we had three new kittens. The kids thought it was perfect because now we each could have our own cat ... never mind that I didn't want a cat! The kids each got to name a kitten: Abigail named Gabriella (Black/brown), Caleb named Jasmine (grey/brown) and Lydia named Princess (fluffy grey).
Here Lydia is playing with "her" kitten, Princess. I am amazed at how much they will take from her. They let her pick them up, carry them around, drop them, pet them, squeeze them, what ever she wants! Unless it is raining, she goes outside to see them everyday. I think she is the cat lover of our family.

No comments: